Friday, October 24, 2008

An idea or a rant?


There comes a time in every nerd's life when they awaken in the morning and stare up at their spackled snot stained ceiling and without malice or forethought they announce to the God fearing world a wholly realized and purely altruistic, "f@#k it".  Splitting the atomic fabric of society, a release of energy capable of leveling tall egos erupts like ripples of salt laden ocean fury, wave upon wave of raw power crushing the rocky hills and valleys that once defined the boundaries of "cool", pounding cliques into irrelevant pools of insignificant waste.  There is nothing more powerful than a geek who refuses to bow to the shame of society.  When the brain wakes up and realizes it can wear the skin of the whole without fear of retribution, the nerd, like a bloated caterpillar curls up and emerges from its cocoon as a fully realized organism, stronger for the abuse, seasoned with independent thought and calcified in creative armor.

If this is my dogma, then I must profess a belief that when the jocks win, society loses.  All anyone has to do is look around at how the world has been run for the last eight years.  I, personally, blame all of this mess on High School Musical.  How can our society feel sympathy for the football hero?  When we value the empathy of the quarterback over the nerd, we are all lost.  We must teach our children so they will know.  Bring back the Goonies, Gremlins and Ghostbusters.  I don't want to live in a future where nerds are not allowed to break the world, and then fix it.  I believe in the ending where Napoleon Dynamite gets to dance and where the scientist gets the girl.  I fear that, so long as the Cheetah Girls are famous, there is very little hope for America.
Happy Halloween!
KP.

ps.... My bat, demon thingy looks a bit like Bartok... synapses and grooves on the brain.  Oh well.  It's all in good fun.
Cheers.

11 comments:

Piya said...

I nomimate Kris Pearn for President. That'll fix the world!

By the way, I love the Halloween piece. It's usually not a holiday that's thought of as nice and peaceful, but you made a nice piece.

jay fabares said...

i 2nd that NOMInation! also great Halloween card :)

craig said...

let us bare witness to the metamorphosis of the nerd caterpillar into the beautiful light of the democracy butterfly!!!!(sup Kris)

Jamie said...

I went to watch Wall e and had to sit through the preview of High School Musical 3. It felt like I'd been violated with a big sharp pointy stick. And no vasoline.

Monkeyfeather said...

More fine work from a fine fellow.

mota said...

Hey Kris, good to see you're still doing amazing drawings. Love your stuff.

the doodlers said...

Hey Kris...can you even vote next week? If so, please have yourself cloned and go in twice, once for me, thanks.

God help us all. ! I don't even believe in god but I needed to say that. -Arna

Uncle Phil said...

I totally agree with you about the lack of true heroes. I miss the anti-hero or the unlikely hero. And look at villains too... or the lack of them.. And if you find one, they probably aren't all that dark and scary.

Andd.... I just tried to sign up for your november session for schoolism. But it's booked! Congrats.. and is there anyway you can squeeze in one more student? I'll sit in the back and keep quiet... I promise.

KP said...

Hey all!
Thanks for dropping by! Definitely no presidential bid laying in my future...I firmly believe in a parliamentary democracy (although, this has turned out to be an exciting horse race).
Uncle Phil...I ended up having to move the class from November to January of 2009 because of life stuff. If you're still interested, the more the merrier.
Cheers all,
KP.

oats said...

Well put, Kris!

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色