Friday, November 21, 2008

stuff


Just got back from a quick trip to TO for a good friend's wedding. Had a blast and caught up with a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while. Funny thing, going back to Toronto...I don't really get homesick, however, riding on the GO train from Oakville into Union station really made me nostalgic for Canada. Public transportation and trees are the two things I miss the most living in LA. Of course in Ontario you don't get to watch the city burn in an apocalyptic haze, raining ash down upon the narrow threads of civilization barely holding back the rolling mass of anarchy that seems to be constantly flexing under the sweaty California sun. Drama...oh drama.

Anyhow, I went subway sketching with Mr. Bobby Chiu and his renown band of merry doodlers. I'm pretty rusty, but had fun. Talented bunch roaming the Sunday underground there in old Hogtown. Gotta love the sound of the subway...beeebopboooo.....
Cheers all!
KP.


13 comments:

Bobby Chiu said...

It was really great having you come to subway sketching with us Kris! Everyone really enjoyed your company

Kei Acedera said...

Kris, it was great to see you, but I'm bummed I wan't able to join you guys...these are such awesome sketches!

Mark McDonnell said...

Love 'em, you're such a talent man. Such great character in your work and the appeal is so fun to take a look at.

Best,

MAC

craig said...

KRIS!
Glad you had a good time brother. Wish I could have made it down. Ah well, next time.

Monkeyfeather said...

You rule.

KP said...

Hey thanks all...
Bobby and Kei! I wish I could join you every weekend!

Mark...thanks for the kind words

And Craig and John...I miss you guys. Been a long while since we all hung out. Hope you're well.
KP.

Adam Temple said...

Nice stuff! I'm always scared to bring my tablet on the train. Hopefully I'll make it out next time you're in town, you're a real inspiration.

Ame said...

love the expressions of the two old ladies, Good work!

Jim Mortensen said...

These are pretty awesome. Squash & Stretch in all the right places, great shapes, funny expressions.

Quick question - Is there a spot open in your Schoolism class? I couldn't register until today and was really bummed to see that it had closed since yesterday.

Keep rockin!

KP said...

Hey Jim... I think you're good to join up... Try contacting them tomorrow or later today. Let me know if it doesn't work out.

Thanks all!
KP.

Jim Mortensen said...

Got an email from Schoolism this morning - I'm in! Thanks a whole bunch, and I'm really excited to take the clas!

Ramon Mejia Jr. said...

Your work is very inspirational and makes me want to be a great as you!

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色