Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sketch dump

US embassy London, UK

Lacock Abby

Rattlebone Inn... Best Sunday Roast we've found.

Bike cops outside of a London pub.

Imperial War Museum... Awesome place!

STONEHENGE

Carphilly Castle in Southern Wales


Sitting for tea in the Cotswolds

This is an old one from Bratislava...

Some life drawing....

Wife and kids! Bristol zoo I do believe.



Been a while... too busy to blog but I have been sketching. Movie is going along great and I'm close to finishing off my book... All in all I can't complain.
It's spring in England and we're getting ready to leave. I'm going to miss it over here... trees, cows, pubs that let you bring in your dog, the beer in those pubs... the lifestyle out here in the West Country is pretty sweet. We got along fine, me and Bristol. I'll miss her.

Sooooo.... nothing really to say here but this is a month worth of sketch vomit. Try not to walk through it or you'll have to clean your shoes.
Cheerio... pip pip...
KP

12 comments:

Kendra Melton said...

Oh My These are LOVELY! how long would you say that one of the imperial war museum took? Just curious because sometimes when I go to a museum with friends or family I ignore my instinct to sketch because I dont want to take too long.
Anyway, also love the top figure sketch, its so direct and loose. Great post :]

KP said...

Hey Kendra,
Thanks so much! The sketch was done over a tea and scone at the cafe... I've been using a fountain pen on watercolor paper and then just wash the lines with a water pen so the tone leaps out very quickly. I'd say the sketch took ten minutes or so. Most of these sketches were done during meals where I'm a captive audience and that way instead of talking to my family, I can ignore them and doodle. Actually, I've been making the kids bring sketchbooks and draw with me... I should post their drawings sometime.
Thanks again!
Cheers,
KP

Tobias Schwarz said...

great work as usual!

craig said...

Great work brother, and yes do post the sketches from the kids!

Amok said...

awesome work! i love pen with wash (that's what it is right?), i should definitely do more of these again.

i enjoy the simplicity yet attention to detail of the environment sketches.

cheers!

Matt J said...

OMG-is that the embassy? Looks like hell! Great selection of work-good to see you got to Caerphilly. 'Rattlebone Inn' is best name ever!

Willis Carrier said...

these should all be in frames on my wall.
your science is tight!

無尾熊可愛 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical. ........................................

Jess said...

These are just wonderful! I second ML, I want one on my wall. Beautiful stuff KP.

Ashley Boddy said...

...and Bristol will miss you.

Ryan Green said...

Man...these are beautiful. Keep travellin', sketchin', and postin'!

KP said...

Hey all! Thanks for the kind words...
Cheers,
KP