Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some Beat Boards.








I never really get to post boards... mainly for two reasons... One is that they're usually tossed off and never really finished, and two... they are almost always owned by somebody else (studio anybody?).
These scribbles are from a project I was playing with a while back. They are what they are... but there's something I really like about quick sketch drawings (which is good, because if I could draw like a REAL artist, I would never be able to finish my sequences... the eye for scribbles keeps shoes on my kid's feet and beer in my belly).
Anyhow... these aren't linear or anything... I wouldn't bore you with the story.
Just thought I'd stick up some boards in this bloggity puddle of sketch drawings.

On a side note, I ate two pints of blackberries yesterday. I was as incontinent as a water slide in July (my stomach isn't used to that much fruit). I wonder if Bear's have the same problems this time of year? Yummm... berries.
Thank you TJs.
KP.

21 comments:

Noel said...

Man i like your board style, especially how you draw dogs, you are a talented story man. Studios hog almost all of america's quality artistic output.

Max Lawson said...

These look great! I've always admired your knack for telling a story so clearly in your sketches.

Now that you're back in the states, Are you going to be making it out to Comic-Con this year?

Attila Szigeti said...

I really admire your boards, fresh and dynamic.

Bobby said...

Lovin the boards!! Your drawings are so awesome Kris!

crazyred said...

More scribbles please.

Jim Mortensen said...

Whoa. Eskimos, Kayaks, Aurora Borealis AND Pirates with lazer guns? AWESOME!

KP said...

He he he... laser eskimos... that would've saved this shit. Thanks Jim!

Ryan Green said...

Beautiful drawings. They seem so simply, yet confidently drawn.

Jess said...

Great to see these again Kris. They still look fresh and fantastic. You da man.

Ned said...

the sign of these designs are wonderful.I like very much

ned
http://www.unmondomigliore.net/

Laura Hohman said...

these boards are super! Thanks so much. Super inspirational!

Kt Shy said...

Hi Kris! These are great beat boards, really fun to look at :) I just rewatched your interview with Bobby Chiu today, thanks for being so inspiring! I'm working in storyboards now (Jenn Kluska's my boss!) and listening to your interview makes me very excited for the future, so thanks for that and thanks for sharing your blog!
~Katie (last of the diploma class)

Ahmed GUERROUACHE said...

you should definetly post more and more storyboard drawings ! They are really pleasant to look at and inspiring ! thanks !

Matt J said...

Hey! Just read your interview on CanadianAnimationresources website + the updated 2010, post Bristol segment- makes my heart twings to realise that part of out lives is now history.

JP said...

gorgeous energy in these boards :)

Joe Kresoja said...

great boards!

Colin Jack said...

great drawings

Octavio E. Rodriguez said...

Awesome boards! Cool meeting you at APE!

Mr.Breadcrumbs said...

Awesome Kris, always inspiring!

werner said...

beautiful work Kris.

Adam said...

Awesome beat boards! I found your blog link off of the Schoolism site. I've been thinking about taking your Storyboarding class on there. It seems apparent from your work that you have a lot to offer in ways of teaching. :]