Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Anthology 451





So, I did a comic a while back with some really good friends and it's finally published! We got the boxes right before the APE show up in San Francisco, where we had a great time selling the goods and meeting lots of creative, ambitious artsy folk. My buddy, the amazingly talented Albertan, John Hoffman, put it all together and kept us organized like a herd of meth addled cats. We have a release party scheduled for Dec 4th up at Nucleus Gallery, http://www.gallerynucleus.com/event/290.
Below are some sketches from APE. I love drawing the comic crowd.
Cheers,
KP.

7 comments:

JP said...

chilling and very cool- Margaret Atwood could have written this :)

•O•A•T•S•T•A•O• said...

What gives with the
Spirited Away rip off of character
superimposition/styling???

oh everyone forgets,
and in turn, they just don't know.

KP said...

Hey, Thanks JP. Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite books.

OATSTAO... Errr... OK. I love spirited away but the context is completely different, and certainly not meant to be ripped off. Shapes is shapes. Look through the rest of my stuff and I dare you won't find a hint of Miyazaki. I draw like I draw... don't really care if you like it or not.
Don't mind the critique, but would love to see your work... (just so I can learn what your idea of originality looks like).
Comic is called happy... the shapes derive from that. (and no... oh... I didn't invent that design... That one... I did "rip off")

Cheers,
KP.

•O•A•T•S•T•A•O• said...

you forgot. os eb ti

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Wow! That comic looks awesome! And I love those sketches.

Ems said...

Awesuuum!! where will we be able to buy this comic?

Kendra Melton said...

Man am I behind. So many great posts. I love your conservation of line. Everything is so clear. Gah, so much awesome! lovely work as always